I have variable income through freelance developing software like for e.g say I earn Rs 15lakh in one year and Nil in the next year. Is there any way to distribute the income over two years or any other way to save on taxes


No. There is no such way. Once needs to pay the tax on 15 lacs for the first year and file a NIL return in subsequent year.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.