I live in Wisconsin and received $5,000 from a living relative as a one-time gift. Do I need to report this on my income taxes?

1 Answer 1


No, you do not. Gifts are taxed to the donor, and the first $14000 per year per donor per recipient are exempt.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .