I occasionally do some consulting support (in the US) to a foreign firm. They don't send me any 1099 or W4 documenting the income, though they do a wire transfer to my account. How should I handle this?

1 Answer 1


You don't need a 1099 to report income. You just report it. The IRS doesn't care one bit if your Schedule C income exceeds your 1099s.

  • 2
    And it does care quite a lot if you have unreported incoming wire transfers, especially if those come up in an audit. So yes, report on Schedule C just like any other income.
    – littleadv
    Dec 29, 2014 at 6:19

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .