I'm a new immigrant (green card) to US, and not live in California yet. I use my friend's home in CA as the mailing address for receiving my letters, packages, and California ID. I plan to move to California and work there in US next year. I know California taxes on worldwide income, and I do not have any income source from California. So do I need to file tax return in California on my worldwide income or capital gain of 2014 in next year?

  • 1
    are you physically in the US? Where do you live?
    – littleadv
    Dec 17, 2014 at 7:38
  • I am not physically in US. I went to CA for immigration processing and applying for ID and something before immigration visa expired, and then return to my home country to continue my job. I will move after I get a new job in US.
    – jclin
    Dec 17, 2014 at 18:39
  • what ID did you apply for?
    – littleadv
    Dec 18, 2014 at 0:37
  • I applied for California ID because I'll need to open the bank account or something like that when I move to there.
    – jclin
    Dec 18, 2014 at 1:13
  • Well, then you're screwed.
    – littleadv
    Dec 18, 2014 at 2:54


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .