I don't have a utility bill, driver's license, or USPS card linking me to my address, just a lease that has my name written last minute in pen as an additional tenant. Is there any way I can open a bank account without having to verify my address? I'm a US citizen, and actually live at the residence I'm providing.

  • 1
    Have you tried taking your lease to a local bank or credit union? If they didn't accept it, what did they tell you that they would accept? – Ben Miller - Remember Monica Sep 30 '14 at 13:58
  • Talk to the bank and find out what atypical proofs they would accept. But sometimes the simplest answer really is to put one of the utility bills in your name, at least temporarily. – keshlam Sep 30 '14 at 16:11
  • 1
    I would start with getting the drivers license changed. – mhoran_psprep Oct 1 '14 at 19:19
  • I opened a checking account recently. It required little to no verification. My ID is even expired and it still let me do it. . . So you should be fine – von Mises Dec 1 '14 at 15:44
  • If you don't drive, you can typically get a state ID with your address on it easily as well. That might help. – Yamikuronue Mar 1 '15 at 0:15

As per my knowledge and research.

As long as you are US Resident you can open bank account online with lots of banks like CapitalOne, Nationwide bank, Ever Bank and many more listed on link below.

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/banking/nerdwallets-top-online-checking-accounts/ (I am not advertising here)

and from CapitalOne bank policy is asking is listed below for legal stuff. As long as you have legal Social Security Number you can open an online checking account.

Check it out

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.