Recently we sold some property in Bangladesh. It gained a nice sum of money, but now we are a bit stuck on how to get it out. We can be flexible but prefer to transfer it to a west european country.
What did we think about
Some things we considered and looked into
- Fly it over: Heard this is only accepted in practice upto a few thousand Euro.
- Bank Transfer: Heard this is only allowed upto about 5k per year before you run into trouble
Some things we have only thought about but just don't know enough about
- Western union transfer: No experience with this
- Bitcoin transfer: How liquid can the local market be?
What are our options if we want to transfer about 50k euro out of Bangladesh this year
Some things to consider:
- Cost efficiency
- Financial/transaction risk
- Legal risk