Does anyone know where I can find the actual legal code for UGMA in Texas and the US? I can only find a bunch of sites that quote bits and pieces of the code. I couldn't find anything in the Texas Legal Code.

1 Answer 1


I believe the statute you are looking for is in the Texas Property Code — Section 141, otherwise known as Texas Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UTMA) (available in .doc file format on the Texas website). The Wikipedia article “Uniform Gifts to Minors Act” states that, in many places, UGMA has been replaced by UTMA.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .