Between 1992 and 2004 I was working in USA. I had also gained US Citizenship in 2003. In 2004 I returned to India and since then lived in India. I got (back) Indian citizenship in 2014. Now I want to transfer all my assets (which are savings while I was in USA and for which US income tax had been pained when the money was earned) in my US bank accounts to my RFC account in Indian banks. Do I need to pay tax in India for these assets?


If the person has come back for good, any assets or foreign earnings can be transferred tax free back to India within 7 years.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.