HMRC has a rule that you can only pay into one stocks and shares isa in any given year.

But what if I transfer this years part funded ISA to another provider. Can I continue to pay into the new provider?

Or perhaps I should just fill it up with cash then transfer it?


Yes, you can continue to contribute to the new ISA after the transfer. You can also transfer a cash ISA from this year to a stocks and shares ISA and then open a new cash ISA.

  • 2
    It's worth adding that you must do this using the ISA transfer procedure of the new provider. If you manually withdraw the money, close the ISA and then try and open a new one you will only be able to pay in your remaining allowance for the year
    – RobV
    Sep 3 '14 at 14:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.