I am Nepali citizen and I have ordinary saving account in Indian bank. I was also working here for 2 years in the past(3 years ago) and I have PAN card and bank account. Now I am living in India for short term (180 days) and I am getting fund in my account for my expenses. Is the income i received from foreign is taxable?



If the funds are part of salary then it is taxable in India. If the funds are sent by your family for your study etc, then its not taxable.

For more details on taxation of Foreign Nationals refer to http://www.investingintamilnadu.com/india/doc/guide_investors/guide_expats_working_india.pdf

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.