My girlfriend and I created an interesting budget but we have no idea what to call it other than "the budget".
These are the rules we set for ourselves:
- Every month, I am allowed to spend $32 on whatever I want
- Every month, she is allowed to spend $32 on whatever she wants
- The cost of my spending will deplete my funds as well as hers
- The cost of her spending will deplete my funds as well as hers
- This does not affect living expenses; as in, $32 is for stuff we can avoid buying but buy anyway
Basically, the main driving force here is: neither of us wants to deplete the other's funds. We don't know what to call it though. I'm mostly posting because I am quite proud of this idea.
So, is there a term for such a budget?
- we're both still going through university, which eats through the money we make
- 20yo now, started the budget thing at 18yo