I am trying to figure out how to fill out my schedule C.

My wife has a direct sales business that she started in January 2013. We moved out of state at the end of June. Both dwellings were used partially for the business, so I am filling out Form 8829. Do I just fill out Form 8829 twice (one for each home) and then add the allowable expenses from the two forms and put that on my schedule C line 30?


Yes, use a separate Form 8829 for each home used for business during the year. The top of 8829 includes that exact instruction.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.