I am looking for information on what banks, or other financial institutions, allow borrowing of money in their home currencies for the purposes of purchasing property?
The type of information I am after includes details like:
- What is the name of the product, and if available, a URL with the product description?
- What currency is the loan in?
- What is an indicative range of the interest rate for this loan?
- What is the minimum and maximum loan percentage or amount?
- e.g. minimum 200K, maximum 80% of the property's value
- Are there any eligibility criteria to qualify?
- e.g. residency requirements
From my research thus far, I have yet to come across any detailed information on this topic. Where might I look for information like this?
Motivation: Interest rates are around 5% in Australia, and are significantly lower in many other parts of the world
Known Risks: While borrowing in a foreign currency might be a better deal as a result of foreign exchange rates, there is the risk that currency exchange fluctuations might result in being in a worse off position overall.