I have a FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number) and need to locate the business or non-profit that has been assigned that number, how can I look that up only given the FEIN number?


I think much of that info is hidden behind pay-walls. Here is one site I've found.


Another that is for non-profits only is guidestar.


| improve this answer | |

In most cases you cannot do "reverse lookup" on tax id in the US. You can verify, but for that you need to have more than just the FEIN/SSN. You should also have a name, and some times address.

Non-profits, specifically, have to publish their EIN to donors, so it may be easier than others to identify those. Other businesses may not be as easy to find just by EIN.

| improve this answer | |

If the organization is a non-profit. You can search by EIN on Charity Navigator's website FOR FREE. https://www.charitynavigator.org/

| improve this answer | |

If it is Texas company, you can try doing a taxable entity search on the Texas Comptroller website.

| improve this answer | |
  • Many other states have similar databases. They may or may not include unincorporated entities – keshlam May 18 '15 at 16:16

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.