I received my W-2 form a couple of weeks ago in order to acquire my tax refund for the year 2013. My problem started when notice I could not find my W-2 form anywhere. How can I recover it or ask for a official copy in order to receive my tax refund in a legal way?


Best and fastest (and the one I've used personally): Go to your HR department and if they do payroll in-house, they should be able to produce another one for you. If they don't, they most likely have an outside company administering (think: ADP) payroll, in which case, they should be able to provide you with either a phone number or website.

  • 5
    Can you summarize the steps here in your answer in case the link goes dead? – jonsca Feb 19 '14 at 22:44
  • Sure. Will you remove the down vote when I do so? – Waddler Feb 20 '14 at 5:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.