I received my W-2 form a couple of weeks ago in order to acquire my tax refund for the year 2013. My problem started when notice I could not find my W-2 form anywhere. How can I recover it or ask for a official copy in order to receive my tax refund in a legal way?

1 Answer 1


Best and fastest (and the one I've used personally): Go to your HR department and if they do payroll in-house, they should be able to produce another one for you. If they don't, they most likely have an outside company administering (think: ADP) payroll, in which case, they should be able to provide you with either a phone number or website.

  • 5
    Can you summarize the steps here in your answer in case the link goes dead?
    – jonsca
    Feb 19, 2014 at 22:44
  • Sure. Will you remove the down vote when I do so?
    – Waddler
    Feb 20, 2014 at 5:52

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .