A few questions here... I tried searching, but my situation seems too complicated (to me, anyway).
Summary: I worked as an employee for the first half of 2013 (Jan through June) in Maine (with state tax). Then, I moved to Washington (no state tax) and became an independent contractor (Sep - current). I haven't received a 1099 from my employer, and I'm attempting to file the Schedule C form. I don't have anything to deduct, just trying to pay my taxes before I get fined.
I'm trying to do taxes through Taxhawk.com, but it seems like I may need to do the actual forms in order to file separately; I don't think I can file twice through that site.
It's my understanding that the Schedule C must be attached to the 1040, but the 1040 is asking for W-2 income, which I haven't received, so... I can't file the 1040 yet, or I can file it twice?
- Can I file my 1040 with Schedule C before having received the W2?
- Then, would I need to file a second 1040-EZ with the W2 information?
- Where do I find out which state to pay taxes to, or if I need to? I haven't found this question on a form yet.
- Should I have received a 1099 from my IC employer?
- As I worked from Sep to now, should I have been making quarterly payments? What's the form for this?
Thanks very much for any insight you can provide!