I have got a home loan from SBI on my mother's property. she is co-signee on the the loan. Can I use EMI paid for my tax saving.

  • 3
    Welcome to Money.SE! Please add a country tag to this question. And to your profile, if you'd like. We have members from all over the world, and you'll get a decent answer once the tag is added. Dec 25 '13 at 18:39
  • @JoeTaxpayer This is most likely a question about India with SBI denoting State Bank of India. I would expect Dheer to provide an answer soon. Dec 26 '13 at 2:30

If the property was already built and paid for; post this you have taken a "Loan against Property", you will not be able to claim any tax rebate.

If you mean that the land was on your Mother's name and you have taken a loan to build the house, you can claim rebate if you have completed the construction.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.