I've just stubmled upon a website: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/taxcaster/

I entered my one year tuition fee (~$12k) and its showing: Your Refund - $1000

Background: I'm an international student and have a valid SSN.

How can I get the refund? :)



If you're an international student on J/F visa or are claiming a treaty position - then you're probably not eligible for these benefits. These education credits are only available on the US Resident tax returns.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.