I have a small balance in a traditional IRA (as a result of company-match to Roth 401K contribution) and also a Roth IRA which is fully funded for the year.

Can I pay the tax and convert my traditional IRA to Roth IRA despite the fact that I've already contributed the annual maximum into my Roth IRA?

1 Answer 1


Yes. You can convert an unlimited amount from a traditional IRA to a Roth, and pay the tax to the extent any of the account wasn't yet taxed. It does not count against any annual deposit limits.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .