My husband will be separating from me in a couple of months. I am unemployed and have two kids both under the age of 6. Is there a single mother's compensation? Especially in my situation where I am unemployed.

1 Answer 1


1) Child support from your ex. Google "Federal Child Support Guidelines", and ask questions on www.ottawadivorce.com/forum

2) See here for information on tax benefits for parents http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/

3) Low-income parents often qualify for subsidized (free or low-cost) daycare spots - though there can be a long wait-list for these.

4) See the Related Questions on this forum e.g. here Benefits available to single-mom with low income, in Canada?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.