I'm under 18, so right now I don't pay any taxes. I had a paid app and I also just started advertising, so eventually I may be making income. I don't want to be evading taxes, so I want to know how to go about paying them. I know that both Google Wallet Merchant Center and Admob put my Social Security number on a tax form, so will I just be notified by them when taxes are due? Or do I need to create an LLC or SP?


Lets say i'm under 18, so right now i don't pay taxes

What's the connection? The fact that you're minor doesn't make you "tax exempt", you pay taxes just as anyone else.

i want to know how to go about paying them

You, or your parents, file tax returns on your behalf and pay your taxes. If any are due, that is.

will i just be notified by them when there due?

No, its your responsibility. They might send you some tax forms (1099), but even if they don't - your taxes are your responsibility. The IRS has detailed instructions on who and when has to file tax returns.

Or do i need to create a LLC?

These are legal entities for limiting liability. In most cases they won't add any tax benefits, and in fact may cost more in taxes (especially in California).

| improve this answer | |
  • 2
    An important point from your link is that minors with earned income under $5,900 (and unearned income under $950) don't have to file a tax return. – DJClayworth Aug 2 '13 at 18:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.