I'm filling my tax return using ufile. For T4 and Employment Income they have two options:

  • T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec
  • T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) with CPP contributions

What is difference? Which one should I fill out?

  • Without wishing to state the obvious, where did you earn the income? In Quebec, or in another province? Commented Mar 11, 2013 at 16:19
  • in Quebec, but actually they have another option: T4 income earned outside Quebec, so I think both these option related to Quebec. I just don't understand what 'with CPP contributions' means. It's additional contributions which I want to make or if it's included to T4?
    – Alexan
    Commented Mar 11, 2013 at 16:34
  • 1
    CPP Is the Canada Pension Plan. You don't pay contributions to it in Quebec - you pay QPP instead. Commented Mar 11, 2013 at 16:39
  • if you write it as answer, I'll mark it
    – Alexan
    Commented Mar 12, 2013 at 0:49

2 Answers 2


CPP is the Canada Pension Plan, which is what the rest of Canada pays contributions to while Quebec pays to the QPP.


You have to file them both separetly. Both Quebec and Canada income tax are not calculated the same: I have seem some small difference on some amount. That said, either if you have a good accountant or a good income tax software, they will make the right calculation. You really need to fill the right boxes and that is it. Hope that help. Feel free to edit.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .