If I had a personal checking account that I made frequent small deposits into, would it be possible to use a custom stamp instead of a signature endorsement?

What information would need to be on the stamp?

What if the check was made out to my wife (or to both of us)--would she need her own stamp?

It seems like something that would be easy to google, but I am not coming up with any good info. Thanks for any help.

Edit: to clarify, it would be a joint account. My wife does not share my last name (not sure if that matters).

1 Answer 1


I have a stamp I use to deposit checks to my company account. It has the company name, account number and the words "for deposit only". For my personal accounts I use a stamp that only has "for deposit only", and sign it. That has worked for a while with no problems at two major US banks (in fact the company stamp was a free gift for opening an account at one of them).

The endorser should be the person that the check is payable to, so I guess you'll have to have a stamp for you and another one for your wife (or not write the name on the stamp, just sign).

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .