I follow the business news regularly and I have an avid interest in markets. However, having said that I have not had any prior stock trading experience, though I have practically seen some trading in a securities firm but only for a couple of days.
Coming to my question: How can I get started if I want to trade in stocks online with the following constraints:
1) I am a beginner in this area
2) Willing to start with an initial investment of ~ $2000
3) I would not require advice/help on stocks. I am thinking to do it by myself.
4) I will give attention to my account only couple of times a week.
5) I am thinking about this as a stepping stone towards my long term learning/development in this area of investments
Also, if you could suggest some good online sites which would be appropriate for me considering the above constraints.
Please let me know if you need more information which can help receive attention/answers to my question. Thanks!