I am an individual Indian citizen. I am 23 years old. Currently, I am working as an individual freelancer in freelancer.com. I have a savings account in State Bank of India. I do not have PAYPAL account. So after completing a job on those freelancer portal, if I get paid, can I transfer the money to my savings account via PayPal, and then can I en-cash the money? As I am individual, for working on those portal and earning money, is it essential for me to create a trade license and current account? If you please help me for this, I shall be highly obliged. Thank you.

1 Answer 1


No it is not required to create a trade account or a current account.

If the payment is via Paypal, as per Indian laws, it would automatically get credited to your savings account in 7 days.

You would still need to declare this as income and pay tax accordingly.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .