Do I have to file state taxes (in addition to federal taxes) as a nonresident international PhD student in Massachusetts?

1 Answer 1


Depends. On what? Here is all the info (Mass dept. of revenue). In the university, you should ask the international students' office for guidance on taxes, they probably have an on-site adviser. The tax preparation program usually used by the international students is CINTAX (now called GlacierTax) and you should ask for credentials from the international students' office.

If they don't provide neither consultations nor access to Glacier - seek a local tax adviser who's experienced with foreigners, there's plenty of those in MA.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .