What is the cheapest prepaid credit card available for sale? The card needs to be a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. And it needs to have a minimum nominal balance of 1 USD. I just need the number and it needs to be a valid card that is authorized.
While this is a localized question that will change over time, nerdwallet.com tracks what they think are the best
The deal with the prepaid cards is they shift around all the time, with who is the best at any given time being something you must shop for.
So, here are the ways to shop for a prepaid card
Look for the fees
- Monthly fees
- Transactions fees
- ATM Fees
- Fees to purchase the card
- Fess to reload the value on the card
- Balance inquiry fees
- Bill pay fees
- Inactivity fees (which should tell you this isn't a great deal)
Look for limits
- ATM withdrawal limits
- Daily transaction limits
- Which ATMs you can use
How to you put money on the card
- Will it accept direct deposits?
- Is there a fee for that?
- Can you use it where you want to use it?
- Will the card report to credit reporting agencies?
The Visa cards I've seen are $4.95 and can be loaded with up to $500. There may be lower value cards that cost a bit less, $3.95 if I recall.