I did some commodity, commodity options (like SLV, GLD), ETF and ETN trading last year. I lost my K1 forms when I moved to a different state.

My broker has provided me 1099 forms which also state profits and losses.

Do I need the K1 forms to prepare my taxes? (It is due October 15, due to late filing.)

If needed, how can I get the K1 forms? My broker says he is not responsible.

1 Answer 1


You need the K-1 forms, you can get them directly from the partnerships (they have their own web sites: SLV, GLD). Broker doesn't have these forms and doesn't have this information, broker can only tell you the information pertaining the purchase and the sale of the interests.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .