I have 4 Canadian grandchildren. Can I get a charitable tax deduction if I give towards their education?


I don't believe so, no.

You can contribute to an RESP on their behalf, and they would receive the associated government grant, but you receive no direct tax benefit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy