I am an Indian citizen worked in UK for a US company and then moved to India and not working in India for that company but has the stocks from that company. How to fill the Part 2 in W8-BEN: Claim of tax benefits?

Thanks in advance

  • Why do you think you need to claim tax treaty benefits? Claiming tax treaty benefits only makes sense if you are subject to US tax, but why do you think you would have US tax if you are not a US citizen or resident and was not working in the US?
    – user102008
    Jan 19 at 16:36
  • Sold the stocks when I was in UK
    – Vijay
    Jan 20 at 19:03
  • But what does that have to do with the US? Why does it involve US taxes?
    – user102008
    Jan 21 at 3:40


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .