Suppose, the following scenario:
- You have an investment budget available to buy a parking space or garage box. (In Belgium that would be around €25000 ($30K).)
- Currently the saving accounts make less in interest than you lose on them due to inflation.
- You are not interested in borrowing money to make a bigger investment. The €25K is your working budget.
Would a parking space/garage box be a good investment? Considering the following benefits:
- You would buy one where there is good demand for parking space, so you would have rent income.
- The value of the parking space itself will most likely rise, so when selling after a couple of years, there could be a profit.
- There is less/no maintenance, while when buying a house, there is a high possible cost of repairs. So it's "making money while you sleep".
- It is very unlikely to crash as much as stocks on the stock market could crash.
What would be other alternatives, and with what different advantages/disadvantages?