Suppose, the following scenario:
- You have an investment budget available to buy a parking space or garage box. (In Belgium that would be around €25000 ($30K).)
- currently the saving accounts make less in interest than you loose on them due to inflation.
- you are not interested in lending money to make a bigger investment. The €25K is your working budget.
Would a parking space/garage box be a good investment? Considering the following benifits:
- You would buy one where there is good demand for parking space, so would have rent income
- The value of the parking space itself will most likely rise, so when selling after a couple of years, this is also part of the profit
- There is less/no maintanance, while when buying a house, there is a high possible cost of fixes. So it's "making money while you sleep"
- It is very unlikely to crash as much as stocks on the stock market could crash.
What would be other alternatives, and with what different advantages/disadvantages?