I am a limited partner in a 506(b) real estate syndication, and the property was sold in 2022.

Over the past few years, I have reported passive losses using Form 8582 and Schedule E.

If the property was sold last year, what are the relevant forms to report the sale on?

  • Schedule D
  • Schedule E
  • Form 8582
  • Somewhere else?
  • Did you get a K1 from the partnership?
    – littleadv
    Apr 10, 2023 at 7:10
  • Not yet, it's been delayed. I'm trying to figure out where it would go, so I can decide whether to file extension or amendment later.
    – merlin2011
    Apr 10, 2023 at 17:53
  • I suggest you file an extension and wait for the K1
    – littleadv
    Apr 10, 2023 at 17:55


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .