- 01/01/2022 - Company granted RSU worth $50,000. Total of 500 shares granted at $100/share.
- 01/01/2023 - 125(25%) of shares are vested. On vesting day, market value of each share is $200.
- This is $25,000(125 shares * $200 market price per share) income/bonus.
- Etrade sold 31 shares at $200/share to cover for tax (25% bracket)
- 03/01/2023 - Sold this lot at market price $150/share.
- In the eyes of IRS, this is loss. Is that right?
- But this is not true loss as company gave me each share for $100 and I sold at $150. Is that right?