I have a question about taxes in relation to the following:

  • A British citizen has a work permit in a foreign country (Ukraine). They work full time here.
  • They also do contracting work remotely for an American company earning a US dollar salary into a US bank account whilst based in Ukraine.
  • They have been out of their home country (UK) for 2 years and therefore are a non-resident.

Who do they pay taxes to on the money earned through contracting?

1 Answer 1


Ideally, they should be paying taxes to the country where they have lived 183 days continuous most recently. It's a standard which most countries follow.

  • 1
    Your answer could be improved with additional supporting information. Please edit to add further details, such as citations or documentation, so that others can confirm that your answer is correct. You can find more information on how to write good answers in the help center.
    – Community Bot
    Dec 26, 2021 at 14:25

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .