I need help with filing form line 6 form 1040. we live in uk.

my husband work as contractor for short term and he need to get pay through his own company. after few months it didnt work out and become employee again and had to close the company

He had capital gain of small amount and we do not need to pay tax in uk as it is under threshold. it was reported as capital gain in form 1040 line 6.

do we need schedule D or any other form ??


  • Where did the capital gains come from? Is that the only US income you will have? Dec 11 '21 at 13:20
  • the capital gain come from retained earning when company closed down.
    – k l
    Dec 11 '21 at 14:34
  • this is income from UK
    – k l
    Dec 11 '21 at 14:35
  • no other US income. thanks
    – k l
    Dec 11 '21 at 14:36
  • On the 2021 1040 tax from line 6 is Social security benefits Do you mean line 7? Dec 11 '21 at 15:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.