I was administratrix of my late sister's estate. Last November, everything had been finalized, the final check written to her surviving spouse, and I closed the estate bank account. This week I received in the mail a refund to the estate from the IRS. Frustrating because the estate paid exactly what we were instructed by the IRS to pay, and now there is this hiccup. What do I do with this check? I know the bank will not cash it. Can I just endorse it on behalf of the estate and forward it on to the spouse?

  • 3
    This is a good question, but might be better suited to Law.SE.
    – RonJohn
    Aug 11 at 18:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.