I just got an FTB 5818 Notice saying that I don't have Health Insurance.

I am planning to dispute it by sending in my 1095-B.

Question: Which mailing address should I be using:

  1. Franchise Tax Board
    PO Box 942840
    Sacramento CA 94240-0001


  1. Franchise Tax Board
    PO Box 942867
    Sacramento CA 94267-0001
  • what did the paperwork they sent you say? Jul 18, 2021 at 11:43
  • The wording on the notice is pretty vague. It says: "If you disagree with our notice, gather the following before contacting us.". The only address I see on the notice is on the letterhead.
    – Kwok Fong
    Jul 18, 2021 at 16:55
  • Do you have a MyFTB account? You can take care of this online if so (upload evidence, etc.). Even if no account, check instructions at ftb.ca.gov/help/letters/notice-of-tax-return-change.html.
    – C8H10N4O2
    Jul 19, 2021 at 14:46

1 Answer 1


I did call FTB to confirm. The mailing address to contact them is the one listed on the upper left-hand corner of the notice itself. Reporting back so that others will know where to go when faced with a similar situation.

Thanks all for your replies.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.