A US nonresident alien wants to sell a few shares of a publicly-traded master limited partnership (MLP). The MLP happens to generate no Effectively Connected Income (ECI), and has never generated any ECI. Does the nonresident alien need to file any tax forms when the shares are sold?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.