If there is someone with F-1 student visa in the US and has a SSN and a credit card, can he/she add his/her spouse who has no SSN/ITIN to his/her credit card?


The answer is “probably yes,” you probably will be allowed to do this. You’ll need to call up your credit card company/bank and talk to them about it, but I think it is likely that they will be able to add your spouse as an authorized user and send you a card with his or her name on it. You would still be the account holder and would still be ultimately responsible for the payments.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.