Hi i just received a form 1041 dated April 5th but post marked may first. It was well after taxes have been filed:

  • Line 1 - a-102.
  • Line 2a-c 111.
  • Line 2b-d 2366.

Do I need to file an amendment?

1 Answer 1


The IRS has a FAQ: [Amended Returns & Form 1040X][irs1

What should I do if I made a mistake on my federal return that I've already filed?


It depends on the type of mistake you made:

  • Many mathematical errors are caught during the processing of the tax return and corrected by the IRS, so you may not need to correct these mistakes.
  • If you didn't claim the correct filing status or you need to change your income, deductions, or credits, you should file an amended or corrected return using Form 1040-X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

They even have a tool: Should I File an Amended Return?

So if the K-1 changes your income, then you will have to file an amended return.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .