Will U.S brokers accept a utility bill as a proof of residency-address (when opening account) if it is not registered in my name?

  • 2
    Why not ask the brokerage itself? Apr 28 at 14:43
  • 6
    How would a bill in your father's name prove that you are a resident?
    – D Stanley
    Apr 28 at 14:47
  • Are you a minor (under 18 years old)?
    – Nosjack
    Apr 28 at 15:19
  • If your name isn't on the bill then it isn't proof that you reside at the billed address. Jun 30 at 16:15

Ultimately, only your broker can answer this question. I would ask them directly.

Most proof-of-residence documents require both the address and your name. If your name is not on the utility bill then they probably won't accept it. Your best bet is to provide a government ID, some sort of school enrollment document (if you are a minor or at college), or a pay-stub. Again, it has to include both your address and your name.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.