I am intending to invest in Canadian ETFs. I reside overseas. Although I have Canadian SIN, I do not have a permanent address in Canada at the moment. I searched online for platforms which can allow investing from overseas. I found all the Canadian platforms ask for a Canadian address and phone number. For example, BMO investorLine, Wealthsimple and Questrade.

I searched for non-Canadian online platforms which offer international ETFs. But most of them direct me to American ETFs. I cannot seem to find a platform which allows me to invest in Canadian ETFs (I am particularly interested in FTSE Canada All Cap Index ETF (VCN), but can consider others). Is there a specific term I need to use when I search for such platforms?


Include the term "expats" or "expatriates" in your search.

  • 1
    Thanks. It helped, and I found InteractiveBrokers
    – Hawk
    Apr 24 at 0:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.