What are other filing options for no income LLCs?

1 Answer 1


You may have the option of not filing federal taxes, from this IRS page.

A domestic partnership must file an information return, unless it neither receives gross income nor pays or incurs any amount treated as a deduction or credit for federal tax purposes.

If you wish to file, and it is a single-member LLC, you can file as a sole proprietor. Use schedule C in your personal taxes.

Partnership, C-corp and S-corp are the other options, discussed here.

  • How does one know if any amounts are credits or deductions?
    – user104440
    Commented Feb 15, 2021 at 20:44
  • @Germania the members have to file all that proportionally on their personal tax return. if there are multiple members, send a K-1 if there is just one member, do it all on the personal tax return.
    – CQM
    Commented Feb 15, 2021 at 20:48
  • 1
    If you don't wish to claim deductions for the LLC, you don't have to claim them. That would make the no-filing option possible. If you want to claim deductions, you have to file in order to claim them. Commented Feb 15, 2021 at 20:51

You must log in to answer this question.