When a public company offers new shares, does it have to notify SEC by filing a report?

For example, if the company just gives its employees some shares, does it have to report it to SEC?

1 Answer 1


A secondary share offering is disclosed in SEC form S-3.

For employee compensation, the company may disclose equity compensation plans and executive contracts in their usual quarterly filings. Insider transactions are disclosed with Form 4. (PDF)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .