I own various Spanish shares and often receive scrip or stock dividends in lieu of cash. When I come to sell how do I work out the base cost of the shares for UK capital gains tax purposes? I know it is not the cash equivalent of the dividend, which would be the case for UK shares. Many thanks.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.