- Company received unemployment claim in my name (with slight mispelling of my first name)
- I still work for the company.
- I have no filed anything. The paperwork has my SSN.
What are my next steps and concerns here? Goals are to cancel this claim, but also to try to figure out if I should have any identity theft concerns.
I am in OH, this is the address info on the letter:
OH Dept. of Job & Family Services Office of Unemployment Insurance Operations ODJFS Office: Cleveland Adjudication Center PO Box 182212 Columbus, OH 43218 Phone: 866-576-0006 ClaimantID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Form ID Number:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Called OH Unemployment fraud line, 4 calls with 50+ minute holds, "spilled-over" to claims department from fraud dept, reps said nothing they could do, and would "forward me" to fraud, with same result
- Got fraud dept on 4th try, gave them all my info, they told me pmt did not go out and they would block pmt and mark the account for investigation
- Refused to provide me with a confirmation number, case number, the rep's last name, or any sort of confirmation whatsoever
- Will call again on Friday to see if the account is at least marked as under investigation
- Asked if I can register online so I can "secure" my SSN - told no, no action can be taken unless I apply for unemployment again. Someone registered in my name with another email account.