My French financial institution (Sogecap) refuses to complete their part of French Form 5000 (mirror 1, mirror 2) a.k.a. CERFA 5000 and French Form 5002 (mirror) a.k.a. CERFA 5002. This prevents me from submitting Forms 5000 and 5002 to the Fisc (= French tax authority). I suspect they're simply too lazy to fill Form 5002 (or lost some records to do so).

What are my possible recourses?


Great information from d4m1en on https://redd.it/k104iy:

Step 1: write to customer service
Service Relations Clients
42, boulevard Alexandre Martin
45057 Orléans Cedex 1
Phone 09 69 362 362

Step 2: write to customer complaints
Sogécap Réclamations Clients
42, boulevard Alexandre Martin
45057 Orléans Cedex 1

Step 3: write to ombudsman
La Médiation de l’Assurance TSA 50110 75 441 Paris Cedex 09
Ombudsman will ask for evidence of the two previous steps and at least 2 months without satisfactory answer, before taking your case.

The same 3-step process is described on https://www.assurances.societegenerale.com/fr/reclamation/ (mirror). Note that all French financial institutions are required to display the recourse processes somewhere on their website.

In parallel, one can message the Fisc via one's account on https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/ to inform them of the issue.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.