Since short-term capital gains on foreign stocks are taxed at the regular income (slab) rates in India, is one allowed in India to deduct short-term losses on foreign (relative to India) stocks from regular income?


Foreign Capital losses cannot be offset against ordinary income. They can only be offset against foreign capital gains.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.